Does Xanax affect blood pressure?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: today at grocery store, took 1/12 of 5 mg zanex
needed second pill as needed to leave store got home and bp and beats per min dropped standing, 110 /70 63 beats standing felt not stable on feet
trying not to take another 1/12 of zanex. not sure if the drop is due to health condition or body needing the zanex?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. I believe blood pressure of 110 / 70 and heartbeat of 63 is pretty normal and there is nothing to worry about. Your medications are just right and xanax is an anxiolytic and it does not affect blood pressure.

I would say just continue with your medications and use xanax before bed time only and reduce alprazolam. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan