Does Warfarin affect libido?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is it normal to feel cold on Warferin and does this also effect my sex drive

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cold symptom needs monitoring, Sex drive multifactorial

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Feeling cold with warfarin might not be connected, however it affects vascular system so yes some people may report it. Also it could be age factor. If there is no INR derangement or any visible color change or body symptom, no worries, just keep yourself warm and see if it helps. Usually elderly people need warfarin in low doses. It needs monitoring and frequent visits.

As far as sex drive is concerned, warfarin does not affect it directly, but of course at age of 73 with vascular involvement, libido will be affected for sure, and many ED medications will be contraindication too. Talk to a sex therapist and let them sort out the safest way out for you.

Nutshell, feeling cold is a symptom that can wait with close monitoring and libido and sex drive and ED is multifactorial with warfarin having mild to no role and should be clinically correlated.

I hope it helps . Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan