Does Vraylar have better efficacy than other anti-psychotic medications?
It has better efficacy in compare to other antipsychotic medications
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Although there are no head to head studies for Vraylar and other antipsychotics but due to presence of some action on certain receptors newer antipsychotics yield better results in regard to negative symptoms in compare to older antipsychotics.
However there is no difference for action on positive symptoms of schizophrenia in between the Vraylar and abilify.
I must also acknowledge that solokit at low dose helps to some extent in negative symptoms of schizophrenia and Vrylar may have some better effect on negative symptoms.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anti psychotic drugs for schizophrenia
- Anti psychotic drugs and dementia
- Anti psychotic injections
- What is the medication for endometriosis other than yasmin
- Is there any medication other than morphine for chronic pancreatitis
- Medication to abort pregnancy other than abortion
- Is clozapine interacting with other psychotic medications
- Side effects of anti psychotics
- Anti psychotic drug
- Does antenex has got different component than other anti depressant