question-icon

Does Vraylar have better efficacy than other anti-psychotic medications?

Posted on Sat, 28 Oct 2017
Question: I am shizophrenic. i am in abilify 200 mg solotik200mg. i read about new medication vraylar. i suffer from negative symptoms. its vraylor work for negative symptoms.how much efficacy for vraylar in positive and negative symptoms specially negative symptoms. and how much improvement in percentage for vraylar for positive and negative symptoms specially negative symptoms

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It has better efficacy in compare to other antipsychotic medications

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although there are no head to head studies for Vraylar and other antipsychotics but due to presence of some action on certain receptors newer antipsychotics yield better results in regard to negative symptoms in compare to older antipsychotics.

However there is no difference for action on positive symptoms of schizophrenia in between the Vraylar and abilify.

I must also acknowledge that solokit at low dose helps to some extent in negative symptoms of schizophrenia and Vrylar may have some better effect on negative symptoms.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist