• question-icon

Does Viagra interact with Bisoprolol and Atorvastatin?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am 72. In reasonably good health. I can exercise on ellipticals, stationary bikes and rowing machines for 45 minutes, non stop. I have been operated for fibrillations a couple of years ago. Fully recovered after the operation (done with a catheter going into the heart throuigh the femoral artery. I had a slight stroke ten years ago and fully recovered within days. I now take bisoprolol, atorvastatin and xarelto. Can I use viagra ?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is safe to take Viagra in your clinical situation.

You should just be careful to bisoprolol, which can interact with Viagra.

For this reason I would recommend reducing the dose of bisoprolol the day that you are going to take Viagra and take these drug separately ( in different meals).

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist