Does Verapamil interact with Atenolol?
there is some risk
verapamil and atenolol interact and make the heart rate, conduction and contractility lower. This may result in symptoms of heart failure. If your brother is had those drugs prescribed by a cardiologist and had no side effects so far, then there is no real reason to change anything. Some cardiologist prescribe this kind of combination, but it's generally avoided.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i take both verapamil and atenolol daily
- Verapamil and hypocalcemia
- What is verapamil
- Verapamil miscarriage
- Deriphyllin interaction with atenolol
- Interaction between deriphyllin and atenolol
- Is verapamil a diuretic
- Verapamil and breastfeeding
- Verapamil and vitamin d interaction
- Verapamil for migraines