Does Unwanted 72 pills cause birth defects?
Should continue pregnancy
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your anxiety related to the issue.
This is a common problem and many females have come to me with similar complaint.
There is a minor risk which has been reported in some studies which say in case you have consumed the tablet after conception then it can cause excess of hair growth and hoarseness of voice along with decreased breast growth in females.
But there is no evidence as such which supports termination of pregnancy only for this issue so you should carry on with this pregnancy.
But in my practice I have delivered such patients and have found no deformity so far in their babies.
But still you will need to have a regular follow up with your gynecologist and timely ultrasound examination to be sure of good growth and development of the baby.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fetal birth defect causes
- Birth defects caused by thalidomide
- What causes birth defects
- Medicines that cause birth defects
- Birth defects caused by opana
- Common causes of birth defects
- Birth defects caused by pitocin
- Birth defects caused by xanax
- Birth defects caused by heroin
- Drugs that cause birth defects