Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
Apthous ulcer due to use of antibiotic!
Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query!
The picture which you hve attached is of APTHOUS ulcer.It is also called Apthous Stomatitis.They are the most common cause of mouth ulcers,Most commonly caused by the depletion of Gastrointestinal flora due to use of antibiotics.Gut flora is the complex community of microorganisms that live in the digestive tracts of humans,The intestinal microflora is a complex ecosystem containing over 400 bacterial species. Anaerobes outnumber facultative anaerobes. The flora is sparse in the stomach and upper intestine, but luxuriant in the lower bowel.Toxins released by bacteria destroys this flora of gut and lead to various problems with digestive system including loose stools.
I would recommend you to take a course of probiotics so that the destroyed flora can be replenished ,once the intestinal flora will become normal,Gut mobility and digestion will improve and apthous will settle down.
Proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole can also be taken for few days along with probiotic.Please discuss the options with your gastroenterologist.
Apply betadine mouth wash three times a day to the ulcer locally.
It will take 7-10 days for the intestinal flora to replenish back to normal,Avoid using antibiotics during this period.Its not because of your smoking or virus,Its because of disturbed intestinal flora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses