question-icon

Does Tuspel plus help in treating runny nose and cough in children?

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: My 6 year old son has a runny nose and cough and is running a slight temperature. I have been giving him Honitus and for fever will be giving him crocin. I had thought of starting with Tuspel plus is it a good idea ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be due to a viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The mentioned symptoms are likely to be due to certain viral infections. Honitus will produce a relieving effect on the throat. Crocin will help in bringing down the fever. I do not think Tuspel Plus is separately needed. But I would strongly insist you to give him steam inhalation. Water in form of vapor reaches deep inside and helps in diluting the cough and thus provides relief.

Irrespective of intervention, it will take 5-7 days to recover.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician