Does Turmeric have any dangerous reaction with Brillinta ? I
I was taking it regularly for arthritis and it perfectly until I was one day prescribed Brillinta....for another problem) and was led to believe that I could not take turmeric. My local doctor says that the amount taken in an average curry would do no harm, but I was taking a bit more than that. Do you have any idea of a known safe amount to take...?
No interaction with brilanta, dose of turmeric ranges 500mg to 2500mg /day
Hi and Welcome to "Ask a Doctor" service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Turmeric has been traditionally used as a herbal drug and have got role in many inflammatory condition incluidng arthritis. There are few more uses claimed for it.
Regarding the dose depends on its curcamin concentration, which is the active ingredient. In the extract, it's as high 95 percent, this may be low turmeric we take as in the foods that we take.
Regardiits interactions, it does not have any major interaction with brilanta, you may continue with it as it have been found to have favorable results for heart.
Regarding the dose, it's has been from 5oo mg to 300 mg per day. But it's prolonged use with high dose is not recommended may be you can use for few months .But WHO says we may safely take about 3 mg per kg body weight per day.
Hope this answer help you understand your querry. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be glad to answer your questions.
Kind Regards Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol