Does Trigonocephaly require surgery?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My infant son aged 10 months has been diagnosed with trigonocephaly and has been advised an MRI of his brain. I want to know that if he requires surgical treatment of the same what is the approximate cost and what is the average length of stay in the hospital?
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on trigonocephaly

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... from the records which you have uploaded I see that he also has got a mild motor delay, for which early stimulation therapy has been started already.

Trigonocephaly may or may not require corrective surgery. I can only see and decide only after seeing the MRI or CT Scan brain findings.

I suggest you upload the neuroimaging findings and the report of the scan, so that I can see and get back to you.

But if a neurosurgeon has already seen the scan and decided to go ahead with surgery, I suggest you follow his advice.

The cost of the surgery may be approximately 2 lakhs.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth