Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Does Trigonocephaly require surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 7250 Questions
My infant son aged 10 months has been diagnosed with trigonocephaly and has been advised an MRI of his brain. I want to know that if he requires surgical treatment of the same what is the approximate cost and what is the average length of stay in the hospital?
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on trigonocephaly

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... from the records which you have uploaded I see that he also has got a mild motor delay, for which early stimulation therapy has been started already.

Trigonocephaly may or may not require corrective surgery. I can only see and decide only after seeing the MRI or CT Scan brain findings.

I suggest you upload the neuroimaging findings and the report of the scan, so that I can see and get back to you.

But if a neurosurgeon has already seen the scan and decided to go ahead with surgery, I suggest you follow his advice.

The cost of the surgery may be approximately 2 lakhs.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor