Does Tri Previfem provide protection against pregnancy?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hello: I had a sexual intercourse with my wife today with out protection. I am a bit worried if that would land in pregnancy. She has been taking tri previfem since past 6 months everyday for acne which is a birth control pill.
Will this help? or do we need to take any other pill to stop pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Detailed Answer:

Before going to answer your query, I need some information to assist you better and give proper guideline.

1) What is her last menstrual period date?
2) Is period regular or irregular? Duration of cycle?

Waiting for your response.

Dr S Patra

Follow up: Dr. S Patra 2 minutes later
July 8 2014
Yes and duration lasts for 4 days
Answered by Dr. S Patra 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your information.

According to her last period date, you did unprotected sex in SAFE PERIOD and she has been taken regular contraceptive pill TRI-PREVIFEM for last 6 months.

Here, she has NO chance of pregnancy as there is enough protection (more than 99%). So, you wouldn't be worried much.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish her good health and practice safe sex.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326