Does Trazadone effectively treat sleeplessness?

Question
I was just prescribed Trazadone to help me sleep. Is it good for that?

I'm still waiting for a reply to my first question

I have still not received a reply. You have ripped me off for $15
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Trazodone is primarily for depression and is given to help with sleep in the presence of depression mosly

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question.

Trazodone is an antidepresant that has sleepiness mostly as a side effect and is good to be taken in patients with depression and that have problems with sleep also.

Even though it is a very commonly prescribed pill as a sleep aid, t is generally not so much recommended to be taken as a sleep aid outside of depression.

Insomnia is a very distressing symptom and its treatment sometimes is complex and needs trial of different medications, lifestyle changes and behavioral therapy to help with it.

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please let us know if anymore clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD