Owl Image

Does Testosterone injections effect ear balance?

Owl Image
Dr. Yogesh D

Question
hi I'm XXXXXXX I have a question about testosterone injections. I have been a body builder for years. I have taken testosterone before with no issues. anyways In December I had vertigo which was from issues from my ear. after that I have been dealing with balance issues. I was wondering if doing testosterone again would bother my balance issues? thank you
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Testosterone unlikely to cause balance issues.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for choosing healthcraemagic.

I have carefully gone through your question and understand your concern.

As you have stated that the vertigo was caused by an ear problem, hence it is ok to assume that testosterone was not responsible for your vertigo and testosterone is not known to cause vertigo.

However, long term use has its' own ill effects and is not advisable.

To answer your query, no, reinstating testosterone is unlikely to cause ear problems in you.

Hope this answers your question, please feel free to write back to me if you have further queries for me.

Kind regards.