Does Temazepam interact with thyroid medicine?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I need information on Charlotts Web Hemp Extract. As I am on Xaralto, a light blood pressure and thyroid medication, plus temazapam 30 mg at night and Sol Tabs 15 mg for fibromyalgia, I want to be sure that this supplement would not interfere with my medications. I have to deal with inflammation and have heard that the hemp extract has been successful in backing off this irritating symptom. Your thoughts?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
slight interaction with temazepam, use need to be discussed with your doc

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. This hemp extract is basically a medical marijuana and been indicated in some cases. But i would liek you to discuss this options with your rheumatologist as to me jumping ot cannabinoids for inflammation skipping many other alternatives in between is not wise.

As far as interactions are concerned, Temazepam can slightly interact with this extract as both can potentiate each others effect. Rest xarelto and thyroid meds wont interact and can be taken with. However its use need to be discussed with your doctor and if they approve you may use it. I would use other pain killer options before opting for this one in my own patients in my vicinity. I have personal experience of tricyclic antidepressants use in fibromyalgia and they work like charm.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan