Ask a Urologist   »  

Does Tamsulosin interact with Levitra?

Excellent

Question
I am taking tamsulosin HCL 0.4mg for a bladder condition to relax the muscles in the prostate and the bladder. This helps to relieve difficulty in beginning the flow of urine, weak stream, and the need to urinate often or urgently. Also, I sporadically take Levitra 20mg for ED. Is there a counter indication? Is it ok to take both medications at the same time.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not take them together

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
I have read your question and I understand your concern about the interaction between Levitra and Tamsulosin.

Alas, both drugs have a synergistic action, meaning that they increase each others action. Thus, taken together, they can lead to a dangerous hypotension.
Like the other doctor already told you, I would also recommend you to skip tamsulosin on the day when you take Levitra. Your urinary problem will not suffer that much from this exchange.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.