Does Sulfamethoxazole cause false positive test result for Benzodiazepines?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: Can “Sulfamethoxazole" make you test positive for a benzo
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Modern urine drug screening is not susceptible to errors like this. Sulfamethoxazole will not cause a false positive on a modern urine drug test.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj