• question-icon

Does Suboxone interact with Cymbalta?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: my daughter is taking suboxone is also taking cymbalta, she is now twitching can the combination cause this.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly taking both medications together can cause a moderate interaction leading to increasing side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some patients may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. impairement in motor coordination can cause muscle twitches . so, yes taking the two medications can be the cause of her twitches . I would recommend that she refers to her doctor to change the medications or decrease the doses.

I hope I answered your question .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman