Does Spirulina interact with Xarelto?
I am in very good health for my age. My 6 month blood work is consistently good. In September of 2017 I fast walked a half marathon, 13.1mile, and won a medal for finishing 3rd in my age group. Yesterday I did a practice half marathon of 13.6 mile at a good pace. I am interested in Spirulina because I believe that it can benefit me aa a XXXXXXX athlete.
Approximate 1 year ago, I had an unexplained DVT is my lower left calf. My Hematologist MD put me on Xarelto 20 mg. every morning and the blood clot went away.
After extensive testing it was determined that there was no causative factor for the blood clot and my doctor told me I would be on Xarelto for life. That's fine. I want to be free of blood clots.
I tolerate the Xarelto very well. I have no bruising, or bleeding, and at my dental hygiene appointments, my gums bleed very little even on the Xarelto.
There is some risk in everything, but I want to avoid undue risk. Could I add spirulina to my diet even though I am on Xarelto? Thank you very much.
no known interactions
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
According to the drugs.com database, there are no current interactions known between xarelto and spirulina.
This means that according to current information, they can be safely used together.
I hope this helps, feel fee to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?