Does Spasmo Proxyvon side effects cause weakness in limbs?

Posted on Fri, 25 Jul 2014 in Drug Abuse
Question: Hi, My name is XXXX. I am from North-East XXXXXXX A cousin of mine is addicted to Spasmo Proxyvon and he is abusing it for around 5 years. Nowadays, he has completely refrained himself from this drug and he is very weak. He sometime falls flat on ground (while walking) as if his limbs are paralyze. He told me he can walk without any problem in the morning. But mostly in the evening and night, he feel weakness in his limbs and can be even get down from bed. Can you please tell me whether it is side effect of abusing Spasmo Proxyvon? Is there any dietary supplement to make him gain weigh and health?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Serum potassium - deaddiction - Psychiatrist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes, you have correctly used the term addicted to and now refrained from.

Weakness, falling flat on the ground, weakness in the limbs in the evening and night etc all are the symptoms of ''withdrawal''.

On a safer side get his blood test done for Serum Electrolytes :: A low potassium can cause similar problems

If this is normal I would recommend you to take him to a Psychiatrist and / or a de-addiction center.

Unless this problem is solved , it is difficult to get weight gain and health. Yet you can try with the Multi-vitamins. And if you can get one with the same color as that of spasmo proxyvon. Also give him coconut water during weakness and see the results for weaness, whether improved or not. You can also try giving Electral solution (ORS) during such attack and note the results.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon