Does Sertraline interact with Carbidopa?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: am looking for interaction of CARBIDOPA-LEVOD 25 TAB with SERTRALINE -50 3x daily
Can these be taken simultaneously with Sertraline 50 TAB?
I have taken theCARBIDOPA for 1 month- when first started, I had very good results i.e. steadier on my feet, clearer in the head, no dizziness.
Now I am back at the point I started, weak, shakiness,tremors
I will appreciaste your comment
Leah Kadden
Tel 773-753-4626
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
no known interactions

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are no known interactions between carbidopa-levo and sertraline, it is according the medscape drug interaction checker which is one of the better known drug interaction checks.

These meds can interact with other agents so if you are using any other agents that these should also be assessed.

The symptoms are not due to medication interaction but may be due to condition itself.
The dose of the carbidopa/levo may need to be increased to help reduce your symptoms. You can consider speaking to your doctor to find a solution so that you can start to feel better again.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions