• question-icon

Does Seroquel interact with Carbidopa-Levodopa?

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I'm taking seroquil now and think ' m having a bad reaction to it. Could it interact with carbidopa in a negative way. Also taking xanax ER 1 mg. I take carbidopa levodopa 25/100 8 times a day. Been on the seroqui for almost2 weeks at vArious doses. From a 25mg tablet cut in half, taking half at 5 pm for a few nights then we took half a tablet at 5 and half at bedtime. Didn't seem to help took 2 tablets for a few days,1 at 5 and then one at bedtime. Bad reaction. Feel really drugged, and very week and anxious. I have Parkinson's and was better of without these drugs. I' eve been having panic attacks off and on for 2 years, ut they have gotten worse the past few months. Almost every day now and they last fr hours. Rapid heartbeat is the worse part. Been to the ER numerous times but the can't even me. I am presently seeing a Geratric Psychiatrist, just starting seeing him. He's e to give him a chance, but became quite worse today. Couldn't walk Without a walker . It't now 4:10 and I feel a iittle better. Took a 1 mg short acting Xanax at 2:00 I'm afraid to take the seloquil tonight, evena half tab. Can you advise me until. I get Ingush with my doctor tomorrow
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can skip today's dose and Take Xanax if needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Serpquel is a second generation antipsychotic drug. The drug is safe to use and at 25 mg dose it has no serious side effects except sedation and drowsiness. Yes this has drug interactions associated with Levadopa/Carbidopa but that are not very significant at 25 mg dose.

So if you are not tolerating the sedation and drowsiness then you may skip the evening dose today and take half of 25 mg at bed time. Or if you can sleep without the drug then remain relaxed and if needed take one more Xanax at time of going on bed. Talk with your doctor for the changes in dose of the drug.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist