Does Seraquel and Vicadon react adversely?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My 87 yr old mother has fallen and broken her upper arm. she is not in a cast, just a sling. she has pain and her orthopedist prescribed vicadon which is helping. but she also takes seraquel at night for sleeping. i have been with her and given her her meds and have noticed that after the seraquel she has terrible pulling in her legs and can't get comfortable. i gave her the vicadon but not the seraquel one night and then the next night, she did not have the discomfort of her legs pulling, but could only sleep an hour or two. i was wondering if the interaction between the seraquel and the vicadon was causing the pulling sensation in the legs.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no interaction of seraquel and the vicado

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

There is no interaction of seraquel and the vicadon.

This can be side effect due to serquel.

But since both are acting through central nervous system there can be excessive sedation.
You can continue combination consulting your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.