Does Rogaine cause any sexual side effects ?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Does using a shampoo like this:
http://www yyyy com/gp/yyyyyy/yyyyyy?yyyyyy=yyyyyy=0000&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

give you any sexual side effects? It is suppose to contain natural dht blocking ingredients and wondering if using the shampoo on your hair cause and sexual side effects?
Also will using Rogaine cause and similar side effects? For some reason I am really worried about this now and I have using rogaine and the shampoo with link above.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rogaine (minoxidil) is safe and is USFDA approved.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic,

I have seen the link given by you.

I can understand your concern for use of Pura d'or (Argan oil) and Rogaine (minoxidil) and its probability of absorption or causing any side effects.

Argan oil is the organic liquid oil which is extracted from the argan tree that is found in Morocco. It is very rich in Vitamin E, fatty acids and other properties that are very beneficial in hair loss and does not have any sexual side effects.

Minoxidil is a very safe drug to be used for the purpose of hair growth. It is USFDA APPROVED because of its safety feature. It is so safe that even 10% of lotion can be used on our scalp skin.

Though a very little of amount can get absorbed in our blood stream but that is almost negligible and never cause any side effects.

But it is important to use this medications under dermatological supervision and regular follow-up.

Hope this will help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 28 minutes later
OKay. well purador contains more than just argan oil... on the label it says it containts 15+dht blocking ingredients.,.. I do not know which ones they are, but can they effect me?

I just put the shampoo on my head for 10 mins then rinse in the shower... it seems unlikely but I am not doctor.

You can read the list of ingredients if you scroll down on the link?

Also, Am I just overworked here? Is the scenario even possible or likely?

thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All ingredients all are natural and organic.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the quick follow-up.

I have already seen the ingredients which all are natural and organic containing some plant extracts,vitamins and nutrients apart from argan oil which never cause any side effects especially sexual dysfunction.

Also when it is used topically over the scalp,very little amount of it goes into blood circulation which can never cause sexual dysfunction.

Even Minoxidil is also a very safe drug to be used for the purpose of hair growth and does not have any sexual side effects.

So,no need to worry about it.

However,if you are suspecting some sexual issues then yes,it can be due to heavy workload or stressful life but it is temporary and reversible.

Hope this will help and if you need more clarification then you can ask me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj