Does Ramipril help control diabetes?
But HbA1C which used to be about 5 to 6 was found 7.4 today.
I have been taking rampril 250mg for last 1.5 years as prescribed by my doctor.
Ramipril is for blood pressure and not for diabetes.
Thanks for your question noted your concern.
There is a significant rise in HbA1c in your case which need modification in anti-diabetic medicines.
You have mentioned that you are taking Rampril in a dose of 250mg.
But Ramipril is for blood pressure problem. And is available in a dose of 2.5mg or 5mg not in 250 or 500mg.
Please confirm your prescription properly.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Abhay Mali.
Maximizing dose of metformin may help.
Tab Glyciphage contains Metformin.
In such a case I may suggest-
- Follow strict Diabetic diet: for which one may consult near by dietitian who can plan diabetic diet depending upon one's current Body Mass Index and food habits.
- Regular exercise:
150 min per week of moderate degree physical activity like simple brisk walk may be suggested.
- Maximizing dose of Metformin.
Metformin is a first line drug in the management of diabetes which helps in reducing insulin resistance.
I may suggest gradual increase in the dose of Metformin upto 1500mg per day over a period of 1 week.
Better to consult your treating diabetologist for detailed physical examination and further management.
Hope this helps you.
I have been avoiding fruits such as mangoes grapes etc.
What I am surprised is sudden increase of HbA1C.
Please find attached complete test report of yesterday.
This complete test I get it done usually every 6 months.
Can't find attachments with your question.
Sorry there are no attachments seen with this question.
Please upload test reports.
Still no attachments seen.
No attachments found with this question. You can upload the report using upload feature available on this page. Alternatively, mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn: Dr. Abhay".
Please mention test reports in your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have erectile dysfunction have controlled diabetes help
- Diabetes and blood sugar control
- Diabetes diet control
- Will taking ramipril be safe for type 2 diabetes
- Pill to control sugar diabetes
- Insulin control diabetes
- How to control borderline diabetes
- Chromium for diabetes control
- Diabetic bladder control problem
- Role of methycobal in diabetes control
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?