Does Prilosec cause Alzheimer's disease?
It should not be taken for so long.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
If you would have presented to me as an outpatient with this concern,I would have told you that although there is no proven association between Prilosec and alzheimer's disease but even then chronic use of Prilosec may predispose to vitamin B12 deficiency,thus resulting in anemia.Besides, It has been associated with dementia in some cases.
So,Prilosec should not be taken for such a long duration.
Hope that helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Early-onset alzheimer's disease causes
- Solian alzheimer's disease
- New drug for alzheimer's disease
- Dietary guidelines for alzheimer's disease
- Diagnostic criteria for alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer’s disease causes
- Drug treatments for alzheimer's disease
- Donepezil aricept for alzheimer's disease
- Latest treatment for alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimers disease causes and symptoms