Does Plan B delay ovulation in a woman?
Age does not decrease the fertility.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
1) Age does not decrease your fertility so as to cause difficulty in conception in one shot if she is having her regular periods and is otherwise healthy. Your extra weight also does not affect the ability to father a child if your semen is normal. The quality of semen does not deteriorate with age.
2) The delay in ovulation depends on the time of the cycle when the pill was taken. If the pill is taken 4 days before the expected date of ovulation then the ovulation can be delayed by a week or so in 95% cases. It varies from individual to individual and exact date is difficult to calculate.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can delay ovulation
- Delayed ovulation after clomid
- Plan b during ovulation
- Does norethisterone delay ovulation
- Do antibiotics delay ovulation
- Can acupuncture delay ovulation
- Hsg delay ovulation, doctor
- Quitting smoking and delayed ovulation
- Can clomid delay ovulation
- Causes for delayed ovulation