Does PCOD cause infertility?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi i guess i have pcod i am scared whther i will concieve in near future
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can conceive with treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In PCOD, there is hormonal disturbance which causes ovarian troubles and hence menstrual disturbance, high chance of diabetes, gaining weight, infertility as well.
Women with PCOS can conceive & have babies.
It can effect your fertility potential & you may need help to conceive.
First of all, try to achieve a normal Body Mass Index. This may lead to return of your natural periods & fertility & increase your chances of having a healthy baby.
Secondly, you should visit a designated fertility clinic with your husband & get yourself thoroughly evaluated. After full review of your case as a couple, your Gynecologist can make a plan for your fertility treatment. You should stick to that plan & be patient. As fertility treatment is both time consuming & takes a lot of patience.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN