Does NyQuil interact with Afinitor, Exemestane, Lexapro and Chlorthalidone?

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 in General Health
Question: I AM currently taking Afinitor, Exemestane, ( anti cancer drugs) LEXAPRO,CHLORTHALIDONE CAN I TAKE NYQUIL FOR A REALLY BAD COLD?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No documented interaction noted

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HealthcareMagic. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There is no documented interaction seen of Nyquil with drugs you mentioned. As every individual body is different so slight chances of interaction of any medication is there. However in your case you can take it for flu. Apart from medicine following general measures will also help in improving flu:

- Take hot water in a cup, add 1 table spoon salt in it. Perform gargles (mouth wash) with it three times a day for at least 3 days. It will give soothing effect.

- Take boiling water in a pot, put your head over the steam and cover whole with a sheet. Take deep breaths in it.(Avoid getting closer else it might cause burn). Do this twice a day.

AVOID:
> Chilled water
> Drinks
> Spicy food

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana