Does Nitrofurantoin interact with Sertraline and Mirtazapine?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I am taking sertraline Tablets, 26mg. and mirtazapin, 30 mg, for depression, want to know if I can take nitrofurantoin monohyd macro oral capules, 100 mg twice a day for urinary infection along with them. Thanks for your help.

You said I would get an answer NOW. If it is going to take more than half an hour for the answer to come, please cancel my order and do not charge my cardl I can ask my own doctor in the morning.

Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

The nitrofurontoin have no significant contraindication with either of your antidepressants and it can be taken safely without any issue.

Please remember to take plenty of water while getting treatment for urinary tract infection as it is crucial for elimination of causative bacteria by prescribed antibiotic.

I hope this answers you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.