Does Mintop cause erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am not getting good errection since last week, I have XXXXXXX using mintio forte 5% sine last one month. is this been caused by using this oil. previously ised to have good errection every day and used to have sex with wife twice or thrice in a week. also sometimes i used to masturbate. sinec last one week i am not geeting good errection and sexual urge. i think this mintop oil is causing. please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...Mintop doesn't cause erectile dysfunction
Detailed answer..
Erectile dysfunction ( ED ) is a very common problem and most men do feel it temporarily in their lives,however There are many non medical reasons and medical reasons which can result in prolonged ED.
Non medical reasons include...
Obesity,lack of exercises,stress,extramarital affairs,alcoholism,smoking,drug abuse etc
Medical reasons include..
High BP,diabetes,high level of cholesterol etc.

Since your ED has occurred just few days back,I would advise you to ignore it.
In case this problem worsens,then you can think about the above listed causes and get yourself investigated.
Non medical reasons can be taken care of by changes in your lifestyle.
MINTOP doesn't result in ED.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 14 hours later
Thanks for the explanation. but since 2 days, I think very less errection, and its affecting my life. so just worried, if its temporary. I am also surprised with this sudden change in it. by ignoring it will it fine in few days... i am not suffering from any desease which you have mentioned. i used to go to gym regularly as well.
I know it gives stress to a person,if he doesn't get proper erection.Thousand questions start haunting him.
In fact this feeling and constant thinking about it results in more ED.
You must understand that sex is a physical act but played at mental level.
I would advise you to completely stop thinking about it and just don't attempt a forceful sex.
Don't try for it.
Leave it for few days and start doing regular exercises.
Try doing some meditation and deep breathing exercises to relax and calm your nerves.
Don't try any medication as it may give temporary benefit but cam make you dependent on them.
Best of luck to you.
I strongly feel that this phase would pass off and you would get Your erection back
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 46 hours later
its been 3 days. still am facing the issue of erectile dysfunction. even by seeing the movies i am not getting aroused. so please suggest if I need to wait more for things to get fine. nowdays m not getting any feelings by seeing any sexual things. is it a very normal accross every man
You must take the things lightly and not rush up the things.
Things get complicated more when you start thinking about sex every time and not seeing or feeling the erection.
It is all mind game.
I again assure you that every thing is all right.Just don't try to force the thing on you.
Wait and watch and take care of your exercises.
Relax by deep breathing.
There is no time frame for such things.
It may take even couple of weeks.
Best of luck
Thanks