Does Methylprednisone suppress the antibody response in rabies vaccines?
but intravenous methylprednisone has a duration of action of seven days in a person with normal liver and kidney functions.
This means that a person with impaired liver or kidney functions will have the drug in his system for a longer period of time.
But after eight days it is expected that most of the drug is eliminated and the residual effect is expected to be low.
It will be better if you can postpone the vaccine until 14 days after taking the drug, if you cannot postpone then the decrease of the vaccine function should be minimal.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?