Does Methamphetamine show up in a regular blood test?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: why would a doctor find meth in a regula cbc test for a Ablation surgery? and I had blood work done 2.5 weeks ago and I'm very anemic. do to my bleeding for 3.5 months. I've been getting my blood work regularly because I have no thyroid for 7 years. and they put me on depo to help stop or less on I know my iron levels and still very low and should probably
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Methamphetamine can only be detected in a urine test. This may be a false positive. Do you take any prescription stimulants such as Adderall, Ritalin, or Vyvanse? These show up as methamphetamine sometimes.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T