Does MTP kit usage cause alopecia?
Do not worry.
Thank you for your query. i can understand your concerns.
Yes alopecia is a side effect of MTP kit which contain misoprostol and mifepristone.
Overdosage of MTP drugs is certainly not a good thing and you should have gone for a surgical evacuation if the MTP kit failed first time.
But do not worry as generally drug induced alopecia gets cured on its own after few months. You should consult a good dermatologist about it.
Yes if you have a nervous breakdown you will need anti depressants.
As far as the next steps ..
See a good dermatologist and psychiatrist and start on medications.
Do not worry.
I'm already taking medication for alopecia but I'd like to know whether mtp affects the nervous system/psyhchiatric too..does it lead to depression/anxiety attacks/nervous breakdown 'cz I was never the person I have become after the overdose of mtp..as if mtp has affected my nervous system then i'd like to get on anti depressants.but can you prescribe me an anti depressant that would not have adverse effect on alopecia.
NO mtp kit do not cause psychiatric problems
NO mtp kit do not cause psychiatric problems.
Besitran (it's also called Zoloft) is an anti depressant which has no hair loss ( less than 1%)
Try it. But again you need to go to a psychiatrist to get the pill & its usefulness in your case.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations?
- What are the benefits of keeping my ovaries?
- What could one giant platelet and small clumping of platelets in blood...
- Why is susten SR prescribed for irregular period?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Why is it not safe to have sex when on pelvic rest?
- How can clarkson's disease be treated?
- Does HIV antibody test negative after 8 years post exposure confirm...
- What do "subcentimeter lymphnod" mean?
- What causes itching bumps after having intercourse inspite of using...