Does Lysine and Zinc help control facial syringoma?

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: will lysine and or zinc help control facial syringoma. GP prescribed doxycycline 100mg for 10 days
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Syringoma treatment

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are concerned about syringomas on your face.

Syringoma is a small benign tumour derived from the sweat glands in the skin.

They do not respond to oral medications including the ones you have mentioned in your query.

You could get them removed by procedures like radiofrequency ablation and laser ablation.
They also respond to topical atropine ointment. The response, however is not very consistent and could be associated with ocular side effects. Hence it has to be monitored by a dermatologist.

Irrespective of the treatment taken, they tend to recur in a few months time.

Hope this helps you.

If you have any more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju