Does Livolin help in protecting liver from hepatitis B?

Dr. Praveen G

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Infections
Question: I have being diagnosed of haptitites B. It is non reactant how well can livolin forte help in the correction of it. Or is there any other drugs I can take. XXXXXXX from nigeria
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this medicine protects liver in hepatitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Hepatitis B non-reactive means several different things.It all depends on what kind of test you took. If you took a HBsAg test and you came up non-reactive then you do not have Hep B.

If you took a HBsAB test and you came up non-reactive then that means you do not have the anti-body, but it doesn't say whether or not you have Hep B.

Find out what test was given to you, as you have mentioned that you have been diagnosed to have hepatitis B but non reactive.

Livolin is a medicine which helps to protect your liver from damage. It is helpful in people who have hepatiits of any kind. But it will not cause full recovery and cure you from virus.

There is no specific medicine for hepatiits B. It will just make your liver less damaged.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Praveen G 15 hours later
I also did another test to determine the viral load and I discovered it was very high but since I have been on the drug it has reduce from 7.5 to 3.1
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will not decide the severity

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up query,

Viruses are detected by using a laboratory test called polymerase chain reaction (PCR).With this test a very small amount of the virus genetic material can be detected and measured

A viral load test won't tell us about the severity of your liver disease. A high viral load doesn't necessarily mean you are more sick than someone with a lower viral load.

Viral load can predict how easily you might achieve an undetectable viral level with treatment. Someone who begins treatment with a low viral load will probably have an easier time of getting an undetectable viral level after treatment.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
So what do you advise I do
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue Tab Levolin

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Hepatitis B infection can be acute or chronic. Only conservative management is required for acute hepatitis B infection,antiviral treatment is not required at this stage.

I would recommend you to under go laboratory test like HBV-DNA PCR test.

I would suggest you to continue Livolin medicine which helps to protect your liver from damage. With the above mentioned test approach your gastroenteroloigist for further evaluation.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj