• question-icon

Does Lithium interact with Remeron?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Take 15 remeron and 900 lithium feel horrible down from 30 remeron
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This could be due to using Lithium with Remeron

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Since how many days you are taking these medicines? Yu were regularly taking Remeron 30 and the dose was reduced to 15. Using Remeron with Lithium resulted in hypotension and this could be the cause of the symptoms you are having. This hypotension is probable cause of unsteady gate you are having.

Please take a glass of juice with little salt in this and this will help in improving the blood pressure.

Thanks and Take care
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 44 minutes later
I am afraid of these meds I now have very bad floaters in my eyes NEVER had this before how do I get off these meds
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reduce the doses gradually.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking again

You can reduce Remeron dose to 7.5 mg after taking 15 mg for one to two weeks. The 7.5 mg dose cab be stopped after two more weeks.

The doses of Lithium if you want to stop can also be reduced gradually. You can reduce Lithium dose to 600 mg for next two weeks followed by 450 for two more weeks and then 300 mg for two more weeks followed by halving the dose to 150 mg for two more weeks and then stopping the drugs completely. The gradual dose reduction would prevent any withdrawal symptoms. You can discuss with your doctor to reduce the doses of these drugs.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist