Does Lexapro cause weight gain?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
It is highly unlikely Lexapro is in any way responsible for weight gain of this magnitude. Lexapro on average contributes to about 3 pounds of weight gain. Depression/anxiety, which Lexapro treats, can also contribute to weight gain. But the biggest driver of weight gain is very simple: calories eaten versus calories burned. If you do not already, I strongly recommend logging all the calories you take in very carefully on a daily basis. An excellent app/website to use is MyFitnessPal. By carefully logging calories, you can see how much you are gaining/losing per day every day. Even if Lexapro were in some way responsible, the solution to weight gain is always the same: eat fewer calories than you burn, which means eating less and exercising more.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lexapro weight gain lexapro withdrawal
- What causes weight gain while you are on lexapro
- Lexapro weight gain women
- Does lexapro cause weight gain
- Lexapro weight gain studies
- Average weight gain on lexapro
- Lexapro weight gain
- Lexapro weight gain why
- Weight gain taking lexapro
- Alternative to lexapro weight gain
- Do antidepressants cause depression?
- Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Does intake of Elavil help in treating fear and depression?
- Suggest treatment for schizophrenia
- Does Shakeology supplements interact with multivitamin supplements?
- What is Abilify used for?
- Can Wellbutrin be taken in place of Escitalopram?
- Does Parkinson's disease cause cognitive impairment?
- Is Levocetirizine the right medicine for stress?
- Is ETG test advisable after consuming alcohol?