• question-icon

Does Lasix interact with Coreg?

Posted on Tue, 2 Feb 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am taking Lasix and coreg. how much zinc do I need a day?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need not take anything extra until a drop in levels is observed ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Furosemide (lasix) primarily effects potassium and magnesium levels, and does not have a significant impact on zinc levels so your daily intake of zinc should be around 8 mg.

Increased urinary excretion takes place with drugs containing hydrochlorothiazide and chlorthalidone. So I would first recommend monitoring of your zinc levels if required, and if a drop is noticed and only if a drop is noticed a zinc supplement or increased intake should be considered, not otherwise.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan