Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
I experienced a decided change. I am not sure why. When I called my pharmacy, they denied a change,
looked into my records and saw that I had skipped a month. I did not skip my monthly prescription, it was
just new to me and I did not receive the paperwork and a personal pharmacist's talk with a change. They
did not have a record of being paid. But, they did immediately provide me with a replacement. (The regular, Clonazepam by XXXXXXX Pharmaceutical and all was well. That was last month.
This month, they again gave me the Sandoz replacement brand. Today, I started taking the new Sandoz's replacement. I am again concerned I might not feel well.
So far, so good. Since I think I will take this the rest of my , life, I would like to go with the tried
and the true. What to do, that is my question?
Rest assured that the new medication will work the same
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the mentioned details and understand your concerns. You seem to have been supplied a generic form of the same medicine but manufactured by a different company. Let me assure you that there are drug control bodies from which these companies need to procure certifications and irrespective of the brand the same generic medicine (the chemical composition inside) should be equally efficacious since the chemical composition of both the brands is the same and you can take the new replacement medication without any worries. If still apprehensive, you will have to talk to the pharmacy about your preference and they could answer back whether it is feasible for them to do so.
No questions for you Dr. Saha as I think your explanation is sound, your
advice is also sound and good and I am going with it.
Thank you Dr. Saha, for your words of comfort.
Glad to be of service
I am glad that you found my answer to be comforting. In case you found my answer to be helpful, I would be glad if you close the thread with a positive review and a 5 star rating.
Wish you health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is klonopin a narcotic
- Can klonopin cause vision problems
- Can klonopin cause muscle pain
- What is the cause of anxiety when on klonopin
- Can klonopin cause dry mouth
- Bad reaction to klonopin
- Allergic reaction to klonopin
- Can klonopin cause delay in periods or its pregnancy
- Prescribed klonopin causing depression suggestions to wean off from it
- Difference between klonopin and valium
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation