Does Klonopin interact with Abilify and Remeron?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, my name is xxxxxx XXXXXXX and I take 15 mg of abilify in the morning, 1 mg of klonopin three times a day, and 45 mg of remeron at night and 6 mg of melatonin at night to help me sleep. Yesterday night after I took the remeron at 8 pm, I woke up at 10:30 pm with itching and burning all over my body. The doctor said that it is unlikely that I am allergic to remeron since I have been taking that for months and the doctor said it is used to help with allergies. And he also said that it is unlikely I am allergic to the melatonin. So what do you think I am allergic to. Could it be the abilify? I have been taking that since February 9, 2017 without problems and I take it in the morning at 7:30 am. Or could it be the klonopin? But I have been taking that for months without problems. Unless the remeron was covering up the allergies of either of these medications. I also started drinking decaf coffee a few days ago, so do you think this is what I may be allergic to? Please tell me what you think I am allergic to and if you think I should continue taking my medications. Also, I don't think I want to keep taking the remeron and melatonin since the reaction happened around the time I take them, so is it okay to take ambien with abilify and klonopin or is there an interaction, and provided that I took remeron last night, will the ambien interact with the remeron if I take the ambien tonight?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is not possible that you are allergic to these medications. You have been taking all of them for a long time, so an allergy would have presented itself a long time ago. Much more likely is that you are allergic to the coffee you started drinking, or any number of other things. I would not change your medication regimen at all.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T