Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Does Kidney stone effect blood pressure?

Sep 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6271 Questions
I have 32mm size stone in Right Kidney ,does it effect blood pressure
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Renal stone & hypertension. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. Directly 32 mm size stone don't lead to developing any hypertension. But if renal tissues damaged by stone than it may develop high blood pressure known as parenchymal renal hyper tension or renovascular hypertension. Since you are having high blood pressure and taking antihypertensive medicine so you are prone to develop kidney damage at this age of 59 years. At the age of 59 years, renal stone with high blood pressure is concerning. You need to be investigated further with ultrasound and M R I to isolate the case ( of kidney). I would recommend you visit a nephrologist at the earliest & sort this problem out. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will help. Good luck. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor