Does Isosorbide interact with Imitrex?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
First I would explain you that use of nitrate-class drugs, widely used for relieving cardiac ischemia-related chest pain may be not rarely associated with headache as a potential side effect.
From the other side, Imitrex has demonstrated serious adverse effects such as coronary vasospasm and myocardial infarction in predisposed individual.
Also, headache not relieved by antimigraine drugs should be further explored for ruling in/out a possible acute coronary syndrome demonstrated with headache besides its classical presentation with chest pain.
Coming to this point, I would strongly recommend you asking medical assistance to the nearest ER service at your living area for investigating the cause of your pain and associated symptoms.
Several medical tests such as:
- resting ECG,
- complete blood count,
- cardiac enzymes,
- arterial blood gas analysis (alkalosis may trigger vasospasm)
coupled with a careful neurological status examination and overall physical exam are advisable for clarifying the potential triggering factors of your complaints.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?