question-icon

Does Isomalt contain potassium?

Posted on Thu, 3 Dec 2015
Question: Does isomalt have any potassium? I know it is a sugar substitute and can be beneficial, but since I have to limit my potassium intake I just wanted to make sure it didn't have potassium before I used it. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Does not contain potassium

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Isomalt is a good sugar substitute. You can use and there will be no risk of rise in potassium. However some of my patients have occasionally complained of crampy stomach ache ( not very severe) and loose stools, so please use it in moderation.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me by addressing To: Dr Rakesh at the start of your question for a faster reply by me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (1 hour later)
And th xlyitol does not have potassium either?e
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No potassium

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Xylitol does not contain potassium. You can use it

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist