Does Hawthorn interact with high BP and thyroid medications?
Can cause low blood pressure
Hawthorne has the effect of decreasing blood pressure, so one should be very careful, when taking it along with blood pressure medications. They can cause low blood pressure if taken together.
There are no serious interactions with thyroid medications and hormones.
So if you decide to take Hawthorne with your medications, be very careful in the beginning of the treatment and monitor your blood pressure.
Wishing you a good health
In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask
You should compare doses with berries from your vitamin catalog and it will be better to discuss with your doctor.
When you start your treatment measure your blood pressure three times a day for the first 4 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Question about high bp medication
- What is the medical term for high bp
- Diet and medication for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp and gastritis
- What are the alternative medications for high bp
- Having high bp caused by thyroid
- Need medication for high bp
- What medication is suggested for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Drugs/medication for high bp