Does Hashimoto's thyroiditis cause skin rash on neck?
Sorry to note your skin problem.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis does not cause a skin rash.
It is likely a different skin problem for which a dermatologist needs to be consulted. Treatment will be directed at the cause accordingly.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your 3 month glucose average)
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
Serum Quantitative thyroglobulin
Anti Thyroglobulin antibodies
25 hydroxy Vitamin D
Ultrasound of the neck
Stress induced skin lesions are possible/ Again, it is the expert opinion of a skin specialist that is required with the opportunity to examine it too.
To be sure that your other symptoms are not due to thyroid issues, just make sure your TSH and Free T4 are in the target range
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...