Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy
I forgot to say my daughter has cerebral palsy she has developed fits and I wonder is it the gonapeptyl? She is other wise healthy. These fits are when she's going to sleep an in her sleep. She's had two so far 23 days apart from each other both have been four days after the gonapeptyl has been given. Thanks
Thanks for writing in regarding your daughter.
As far as I know, gonapeptyl does not cause fits in children. Gonapeptyl is usually used to treat precocious puberty in children. It is a fairly safe medicine and most of the side effects are minor and related to hormonal effects. These side effects may include vaginal bleeding, nausea and vomiting.
Cerebral palsy (CP) itself can be a cause of fits. In some cases of CP, brain damage may unfortunately occur due to hypoxia (less oxygen supply) and ischemia (less blood supply) of brain. These findings can be clearly seen on MRI scan of the brain.
I suggest you get your daughter examined by a neurologist, so that the exact of fits can be ascertained. Moreover, medicaitons may be necessary to prevent fits in the future.
I would be pleased to answer if you have any more queries.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Botox children cerebral palsy precautions
- Ayurvedic medicines for cerebral palsy children's unable to walk
- Hypotonic cerebral palsy causes
- Does gonapeptyl cause fits in children child has cerebral palsy
- Is there low hemoglobin in cerebral palsy
- Cerebral palsy children overheating
- What causes cerebral palsy birth
- Cerebral palsy symptoms in children
- Precautions for cerebral palsy in children
- Can people with cerebral palsy have children
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy