Does Glycomet-SR help lower blood sugar levels?
I understand your question.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I order the following tests in addition to a thorough physical examination:
Liver function tests
Kidney function tests
Urine Albumin to Creatinine Ratio
The above tests help me decide the best choice of medications for diabetes for the person I am managing.
So in your case if the Serum Creatinine blood test is fine ie less than 1.5 mg/dl and there are no other major problems with the heart, lung and liver then you should ask your endocrinologist if you can increase the dose of Glycomet gradually to upto 2 grams daily in divided doses.
I personally do not prefer Vogitor because it tends to cause unpleasant side effects like gassiness.
You are a likely candidate for optimal metformin (Glycomet) doses.
I encourage you to see your endocrinologist in person to undergo a physical examination to make sure your heart and liver and lungs are also ok, so Glycomet can be gradually increased further, particularly after stopping Voglitor all together
Second follow up
Yes it is mildly elevated but it can be considered in the acceptable range because the A1c is 6.4%
The reason to still change medications is based upon the proven track record of Glycomet is providing benefits beyond glucose control such as reducing the risks for heart attacks and strokes and even possibly some cancers
Thank you for your valuable advice and assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stopped glycomet sr tablet
- Glycomet sr after meal
- Why is glycomet sr used
- How glycomet sr 500mg helps in reducing weight?
- Composition of glycomet sr 1gm
- Glycomet sr 500 mg
- Glycomet sr is helping for conceive a baby
- Difference between glycomet and glycomet sr
- Obimet sr 1000 and glycomet sr
- Glycomet sr side effects
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...