Does Ginkgo Biloba interact with Benicar, Amlodipine and Bystolic?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: A patient taking Benicar, Amlodipine and Bystolic, would ginko biloba be harmful and/or helpful?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not use ginko

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You have a history of hypertension and currently treated with Benicar, amlodipine and bystolic. You are concerned about adding ginkgo biloba to your current treatment. I would counsel you not to start ginko as it can have interaction with your blood pressure medications. The risk definitely out weight its benefit. Stay with your current treatment program

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any further questions