Does Ginger Ale mix help in curing leg cramps?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: Gingerale mix for leg cramp?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The cause for the cramp has to be known.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The treatment for Leg cramp depends on the cause.
Some of the commonest causes are Deficiency of minerals like Magnesium, potassium;Exercise, Dehydration, Nerve irritation due to Arthritis in old age etc.
I am sorry to say that Ginger ale mix is used in indigestion,motion sickness, Sore throat. Role of it in Leg cramp is not yet established.
For Leg cramp, I start with B complex capsule once daily till symptoms subside.
Mild physiotherapy like Stretching the muscles will help a lot.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj