Does Gabapentin produce effects similar to those of taking excessive Caffeine?
Side effects of Gabapentin
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
Many of your symptoms are directly related to the Gastrointestinal side effects of Gabapentin.
It's advisable to reduce the dose of Gabapentin by gradual tapering before you stop it completely. Please discuss it with your physician.
Additionally, a short course of treatment with protein pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole will help to quickly tide over with the side effects.
Also, I advise you get a baseline ECG and chest x-ray( to rule out cardiac abnormalities) if the symptoms do not improve with dose reduction of Gabapentin
Are you satisfied with my consultation ? Is there anything else left to be discussed ?
Post your further queries if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I take gabapentin for frostbite
- Effects of gabapentin
- Side effects of taking apo-meloxicam and gabapentin
- Memory loss taking gabapentin side effects of medicine
- How to take gabapentin
- Gabapentin side effects gabapentin pain
- Gabapentin and norflex taking together
- Effects of excessive caffeine
- Side effects of taking gabapentin
- Take tramadol and gabapentin together